Not sure what to with the leftover rice? Which household doesn’t have leftover rice? Leftover rice can be fried easily to make the perfect next meal. And one can have this fried rice as dinner or lunch. Some people even prefer to have veg fried rice in their lunch.
Rice is part of the everyday meal we have, and sure it has many benefits like the fibre can lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Also, rice is rich in minerals which can help the blood transport oxygen.
Indian meals are always incomplete without rice, and dal rice is not always interesting. Try out this Easy Recipe of veg fried rice which can be cooked in under 15 mins.
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
FOR THE RICE
- olive oil
- cooked rice
- 1 cup red onion
- ½ cup baby carrots
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 cups green cabbage
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Take a bowl, and add all the ingredients of sauce into it and mix well.
- Take a frying pan and add olive oil to it.
- Once the olive is heated, lower the flame and add garlic to it.
- Saute the garlic nicely until it turns golden brown, and add all the veggies to it, and sauté them.
- Stir-fry until it is heated thoroughly and add salt and pepper according to the taste.
- Turn off the flame once done.
- Now, take the prepared sauce and add it to the rice, and mix it well.
Serve hot with schezwan chutney and garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves. It can be a really quick and easy dinner or lunch. You might also try it with raita.