The world is full of desserts and sweets but cake is the only dessert that is eaten in every country. No matter wherever you are, you will always find a cake. It is served on occasions such as a wedding, anniversary, and birthday parties. The name cake has been derived from the Old Norse word “Kake”. The different varieties of cakes are butter cake, sponge cake, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, tutty fruity cake, etc.
It is made with fruits, nuts, spices, and flour and the earliest recipe of fruit cake was developed in ancient Rome, and the lists contain pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and raisins. Soon this recipe escalated all over Europe. Fruit cakes are served in celebration and it is the most significant dish in weddings and Christmas celebration. The plum cake is very famous and traditionally served during Christmas.
Earlier people used to buy cakes from the bakery only, but sooner people started baking them at home. So, here is your bakery-style easy fruit cake recipe.
Each slice contains 270 kcal
- Fat 10.5g
- 180 gm butter
- 180gm refined flour
- 180gm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼th cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup tutty fruity
- In a bowl, add butter, sugar and mix well till the butter changes the colour.
- Now add vanilla essence, refined flour, mix well, add eggs and mix it again.
- Add almonds, walnuts, tutti frutti mix well by cut and fold method.
- Grease the mould with butter, place parchment paper or butter paper.
- Scrape the batter into the mould and bake it at 165 to 170* for 40 minutes.
- Remove the mould from the oven, now dust some icing sugar on top of the cake.
- Before serving, keep it aside and let the cake cool down for 15 minutes and cut it into pieces and serve.
The tempting tutty fruity cake is ready to serve. Enjoy this cake as a snack with a cup of tea or as a dessert at dinner.