You have always heard and tried Thai curries, but have you ever tried Thai rice? Thai curries are delicious, but Thai rice dishes taste heavenly. In Thailand, rice is the second most famous dish. In Thai cuisine, jasmine rice is used for cooking rice dishes because it was originated in Thailand. Today let’s learn about a different kind of Thai rice recipe – Thai pineapple fried rice.
Pineapple fried rice has a fruity taste. It is prepared with pineapple, jasmine rice, shrimps, and eggs, along with local ingredients of Thailand such as soy sauce, oyster sauce, spring onion, and beans. Its rich texture and flavour will satisfy your taste buds.
So, let’s cook Thai fried rice with the help of this pineapple fried rice recipe.
Per serving contains 340 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 6g
- 10 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp soy sauce + 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, half
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2-3 Thai chillies, chopped
- 2 oz carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 oz green beans, diced
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked & cold
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- Firstly, in a bowl, add shrimps, 1 tsp soy sauce and white pepper. Marinate and keep aside for further use.
- Now, in another bowl, add 2 tbsp soy sauce, white pepper, fish sauce, oyster sauce, palm sugar, and curry powder. Mix well and keep it aside for further use.
- After that, break the eggs into a bowl and add salt and white pepper. Beat well and keep aside till in use.
- In a wok, heat oil and pour the beaten egg mixture. Scramble and cook evenly.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Now, in the same wok add oil and marinated shrimps. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Once cooked, remove and keep aside for further use.
- After that, in a wok add oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai chillies. Stir fry until aromatic, about 30-40 seconds.
- Then, add diced carrot, green beans, and cashews. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Now, add jasmine rice and the prepared sauce mixture.
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until each rice is well coated with sauce.
- After that, add pineapple chunks and mix well.
- Now, add fried shrimps, scrambled egg and green onions. Mix well.
- Stir fry until shrimps are fully cooked for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, turn off the flame and serve.
The pineapple fried rice is ready to serve. Relish this exotic dish with your clan.