Potato snacks are very popular snacks in the whole world. They are the most ordered snacks in restaurants or food corners. There are varieties of potato snacks in the world, and every country has its own signature dish of potatoes. Likewise, in the US, a very famous potato snack is popular i.e. tater tots. Are you interested to know what tater tots really are? Then let’s learn more about it.
Tater tots are cylindrical fried potato snacks, and it was originated in the US and served as a side dish. Tater tots were invented by an American frozen food company Ore-lda in 1953 and were first offered in stores in 1956. It is named tater because tater is short for potato.
It is made with grated potatoes, formed into small cylindrical and after that, they are deep-fried in oil. In the USA, tater tots are sold at frozen food corners at grocery stores, restaurants, cafeterias, and also at school lunch counters. Do you know that tater tot is a registered trademark of American frozen food company Ore-lda?
Do you want to “how to make tater tots“? Then follow this tater tots recipe.
Per piece of tater tots contains 70kcal
- Carbohydrates 20g
- Protein 2g
- Fat 8g
- 1 lb of russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- oil for frying
- Firstly, in a saucepan, add potatoes and cold water, and bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Secondly, After 10 minutes, drain them and let them cool.
- When it is entirely cool, shred them with a vegetable grater and squeeze water from sliced potatoes.
- Now take a bowl and add shredded potatoes, flour, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix them properly.
- Meanwhile, take a heavy bottom pan, add oil and let it heat for deep frying.
- Then make tots from potato mixture and deep fry in oil until crisp and golden brown.
- Now transfer them into an absorbent paper plate.
1. These tater potatoes can be freeze and reheat very well. Place them on a baking sheet on a single layer and freeze for about 45 mins, then transfer them to a plastic resealable bag and store them for later use.
2. To reheat, bake them for about 15 minutes at 425*F.
The homemade tater tots are ready to serve. So, serve it with tomato ketchup, mustard sauce, and mayonnaise.