Make your food plate colourful by adding green vegetables to it. Green vegetables are very healthy and nutritious. It provides enough iron, minerals and vitamins. Okra, spinach, bottle gourd, zucchini, snake gourd, and kale are some green vegetables that are very healthy. So, let’s cook one green vegetable every day? Why not first start with snack gourd (parwal) and make the stuffed parwal.
Stuffed parwal is prepared with special masala that is stuffed inside the parwal pieces. It is fried and cooks in oil and then served with chapati or paratha.
Make this delicious sabzi with this stuffed parwal recipe.
Per serving contains 262 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 18g
- 1 parwal (snake gourd), cut into 4-5 inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped + 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2-inch ginger, chopped
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp garam masala
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- Firstly, in a mixer blender jar, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper, ginger, garlic, roughly chopped onion and 2-3 tbsp water.
- Blend well until thick consistency. Remove and keep it aside till in use.
- Cut the inner part of the parwal and Deseed it with the help of a knife. Keep the seeds aside for further use.
- Now, in a pan, add oil and cumin seeds. Let it splutter for few seconds.
- Then, add chopped onions and saute until tender.
- Now, mash the seeds with hands and add them to the pan.
- After that, add the prepared paste and stir well.
- Furthermore, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and salt. Stir well.
- Cook it on low flame until it releases oil.
- Once it is cooked, turn off the flame and let this mixture cool down completely.
- After a while, stuff all pieces of parwal with the prepared mixture nicely.
- Take a non-stick pan, heat oil in it and add stuffed parwal to it.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Flip the parwal pieces in between. So, that all the sides are completely cooked.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
The bharwa parwal is ready to serve. Pair it with chapati and enjoy your dinner.