Appetizers are the star of every party, and it will add charm if the appetizer is a Lebanese chicken skewer. In Dubai, Shish Tawook is a famous chicken skewer. Shish tawook is very tasty and has a smoky flavor. It is a staple food in Dubai and one of the most ordered snacks other than falafel and kebabs. Making chicken tawook is very easy, and all you need to do is marinate, wait and cook; that’s it. Rest Chicken Tawook does its magic with its taste.
Middle Eastern cuisine is very authentic, and its dishes include common ingredients like dates, olives, honey, sesame seeds, chickpea, and olive oil. Some of the famous Middle Eastern dishes are kebabs, hummus, yogurt, baklava, chicken shawarma, and shish tawook.
In Arabic dialects, shish means skewers, and tawook means chicken. The shish tawook is a part of Middle Eastern cuisine and is eaten in Turkey, Armenia, Dubai, Jordan, Lebanon, and Israel. It is prepared with chicken, opinion, spices, oil, and curd. Firstly, the chicken is marinated, then it is skewered and cooked or grilled on direct flame.
So, cook this dish with the shish tawook recipe.
The Shish Tawook contains 178.9 kcal per serving
- Carbohydrates 1.3g
- Protein 26.9g
- Fat 6.9g
- 1 kg chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, cubes
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- Firstly, take a large bowl and start adding chicken cubes, onion cubes, chopped garlic, cumin powder, red chili powder, cinnamon powder, coriander powder, salt, tomato paste, lemon juice, oil, and yogurt. Now mix and marinate well. Cover the marinated chicken and keep it aside for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take a skewer and fix 7-8 marinated chicken on it. Fix the remaining chicken on skewers.
- Now heat a flat pan and add 1 tsp oil, Place chicken skewers and roast for 10-15 minutes on medium flame until chicken tenders.
- Flip the skewers in between to cook it properly from all sides.
- Now take each skewer and place it on direct flame one by one for 2 sec for smoky flavor.
The Lebanese chicken skewers are ready to serve. Serve these chicken chunks with onion and tomato salad, olives, and hummus. If you love Middle Eastern dishes, then learn its recipe with Karth Food Factory. A place where you will find recipes around the globe.