Have you started eating the salad? Are you searching for some tasty salad recipes? Then, you should start eating Russian salad. It is one of the most famous salads all over the world. It is served as a side dish. Russian salad is perfect for you if you have just started eating salad. It is very tasty and of course very healthy. Even kids love eating this salad.
Russian salad is the main part of Russian cuisine and it is also known as “Olivier Salad”. It is prepared with boiled vegetables like potato, carrot, beans and also consists of salt, pepper. Then, it is dressed in mayonnaise, which helps in enhancing its taste. The original version of salad was invented by Lucien Olivier in the year 1860. He was a Belgian chef in the Hermitage restaurant in Moscow. He included this salad on the restaurant’s menu and later it became popular and also became the signature dish of the Hermitage restaurant. It is very easy to make this salad.
So, have a look at the Russian salad recipe.
Per serving contains 171 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- 3 potatoes, cubes & soaked in water
- 2 carrots, cubes
- 3/4 cup pineapple cubes
- 1/2 cup French beans, chopped
- water for boiling
- 1/2 fresh green peas
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Iceberg lettuce
- Firstly, in a saucepan, add water and carrots. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Once carrots are boiled, strain and transfer into a bowl.
- After that, boil French beans for 2 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- Now, boil fresh peas for 2 minutes and keep them aside.
- Then boil potato cubes for 3 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- After that, in a mixing bowl, add boiled potatoes, carrots, beans, and green peas.
- Furthermore, add pineapple cubes, salt, black pepper and mayonnaise.
- Mix well until all veggies are completely coated.
- In a serving bowl place iceberg lettuce leaves.
- Then add the prepared salad and garnish with parsley.
The homemade Russian salad is ready to serve. Ingest this delicious salad and live healthily.