Potato is like the colour black, tastes perfect howsoever it is cooked. And who doesn’t love variants of potatoes? People of all ages are a fan of any dish which includes potato. Roasted potatoes are well-cooked potatoes that are crispy from the outside and fluffy from the inside.
These oven-roasted potatoes taste mostly served as a side dish and tastes amazing with butter, cheese, or sour cream.
They can be the most delicious tea-time snacks because they are easy to cook, tastes super delicious, and all the ingredients are easily available.
Roasted potatoes consist of 180 calories:
- Total Fat 8.6g
- Saturated Fat 0.7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 501mg
- Potassium 642mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g
- Sugars 1.7g
- Protein 2.7g
- 1 kg of Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder 2
- tbsp Chopped coriander for garnish
- First, we will start by washing the potatoes with skin on, or you can peel the skin off.
- Cut them into halves or quarters if you’re using bigger potatoes.
- Now, boil water in a pan.
- Next, add 1 tbsp salt to the boiling water.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 10 mins.
- Put oil in a small pan and add the minced garlic and rosemary to the olive oil and fry them until slightly brown.
- Strain this infused oil on the parboiled potatoes.
- Next, add a little salt according to taste, black pepper, and chilli powder.
- Mix everything well.
- To make an extra crunchy outer layer, shake the potatoes well to rough up the edges.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 200 degrees C and place half of the potatoes in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for about an hour, flipping them halfway through.
- You can also roast the potatoes on a pan, make the way you prefer
- To pan roast, the potatoes take a heavy-bottomed frying pan and put on medium heat, add some of the infused oil to the pan and place the rest of the potatoes in the pan.
- Fry them for 15-20 minutes until they turn crispy, flipping them every 5 minutes.
Garnish the potatoes with some freshly chopped coriander. They are perfectly crunchy outside and fluffy inside. Enjoy it with side dips like a cheesy dip or jalapeno dip. It will taste better with butter also.