The first thing that strikes in mind while talking about Bengali food is Rasgulla. It is a traditional Bengali sweet, and now it is famous all over India. If you have a sweet tooth, then you would love this Bengali sweet delight.
The rasgulla is called Roshogulla in Bengali. It is made with chenna dumplings and dipped in sugar syrup. Apart from Bengal, it is also famous in Orissa and Rajasthan.
If you want to make rasgulla at home then follow this step-by-step rasgulla recipe.
Per piece of rasgulla consists of 106kcal
- Carbohydrates 59 g
- Protein 10 g
- Fat 30 g
- 2-litre milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cardamom pods
- Ice Cubes
- Water for cooling
- Add milk to a saucepan and stir well and boil. Keep stirring.
- Then add lemon juice and stir well until curdles. Let it cool a bit.
- Now place a cotton cloth over a bowl and pour curdled milk into it.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix it well to remove the sourness, squeeze it and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, transfer it into a bowl and crumble it.
- Then mash it with the help of your palm. Mash lightly and knead smooth and soft dough.
- Now take a small portion and form a lemon-sized ball from it.
- Prepare the rest of the balls from the remaining dough with the same process. Transfer the balls to a plate. Cover and keep it aside for further use.
- After that, add sugar to a saucepan and add sugar, cardamom pods, and 5 cups of water. Cook and stir it until sugar dissolves and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Now put the prepared balls into the sugar syrup and close the lid.
- Let them boil for 10 minutes until the balls double in size.
- Now take a ball and add ice cubes and cold water, then add all the rasgullas into it and let it cool completely.
Note: The cold water helps in holding the shape of the rasgulla.
13. Now transfer all rasgulla into a bowl and pour sugar water. Soak rasgullas completely.
The Bengali Rasgulla is ready to serve. Cook this rasgulla at home for parties and festivals and enjoy this delightful dessert with your family.