Desserts are very famous in India, and sheera or halwa is the most popular and easy dessert. It is prepared in every household, whether it is party, celebration or any occasion sheera is constant. Do you know? There are many variants of sheera or halwa. The most common sheera is atta sheera and suji sheera. Halwa can be made with other ingredients also like fruits and vegetables.
Yes, gajar halwa, lauki halwa, aloo halwa, and beetroot halwa are some varieties of vegetable sheera, and apple sheera, mango sheera, pineapple sheera, coconut sheera, almond sheera are some varieties of fruit and nuts halwa.
So, which variant of sheera, would you like to cook? Why not make pineapple sheera today. It is very yummy and healthy. It is sweet and tangy in taste, and this trait makes it different and tastier from any other sheera. Pineapple sheera is prepared with semolina, pineapple, nuts, sugar, and ghee.
Do you know eating pineapple is very healthy? Let’s know the health benefits of eating pineapple:
- It protects hair and skin from damage.
- Fights infection.
- Improves digestion.
- Fights cough and cold.
- Maintains blood pressure.
- Improves heart and brain health.
So, who doesn’t want to eat food with such health benefits?
Do you want to know, how to make this tasty halwa? To make it, follow the pineapple sheera recipe.
Per serving contains 273 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 159 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 105 g
Ingredients For Pineapple Sheera
- 300 gm pineapple slices
- A pinch of salt
- A large pinch of sugar
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 8-10 nos cashew nuts, halved
- 8-10 nos pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup semolina
- 8-10 nos almonds, chopped
- 3.25 cups of water
- 10-12 saffron strands
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Firstly, core out the pineapple slices with a cookie cutter or bottle lid.
- Secondly, coat the pineapple slices with salt, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Then, heat a grill pan on a medium-high flame, add the coated pineapple slices, and grill both sides until completely caramelized.
- Now, transfer them on a chopping board and roughly chop them. Keep them aside for further use.
- After that, in a wok, add 2 tbsp ghee, chopped nuts, and fry them until golden brown. Remove and keep aside for further use.
- In the same pan, add 1-2 tbsp ghee, semolina and roast it on medium flame until golden brown. Remove and keep aside for further use.
- Now, in a saucepan, add water, saffron strands, cardamom powder, and caramelized pineapple chunks. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add the roasted semolina to it and stir continuously and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Then add sugar and stir continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add 1/4 cup of ghee and cook until the sheera leaves the pan and it starts releasing ghee.
- After that, add roasted nuts and mix well.
- Remove and serve it into a serving bowl.
- Lastly, garnish it with chopped nuts and saffron strands.
Lastly, garnish it with chopped nuts and saffron strands.