Snacks are the best part of the meal course. Indian cuisine is filled with lip-smacking snacks. Pakoras are one of those snacks. It is very tasty and is a famous snack for the rainy season. A plate full of pakoras with a cup of tea is a perfect combination. In India, this combination is very famous. There are many varieties of pakoras such as pyaaz pakora, aloo pakora, gobi pakora, paneer pakora, palak pakora, and moong dal pakora.
Paneer pakoda is very delicious but Amritsari paneer pakora is the best. It is prepared with gram flour, salt, red chili powder, and water batter, and stuffing like veggies, but Amritasri paneer pakora is prepared differently. It has lots of spices and it tastes different. Pakora is deep-fried in oil and served with chutney. The word pakora is derived from a Sanskrit pakvavata in which pakva means cooked and Vata means small lumps.
So, scroll down for the Amritsari paneer pakora recipe.
Per serving contains 345 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 116 g
- Protein: 63 g
- Fat: 166 g
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 2 tbsp refined flour
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 500gms paneer, cut into cubes
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- dried mango powder
- In a large mixing bowl, add gram flour, refined flour, Bruce flour, asafoetida, carom seeds, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Now add water and mix well so that there are no lumps. Keep it aside for further use.
- In a bowl, add paneer cubes and salt. Mix well.
- Now in a pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Meanwhile, dip paneer cubes in the prepared batter, coat well.
- Now, put the coated paneer cubes into the pan with hot oil.
- Let them fry on high flame until golden.
- After that, remove the fried panner pakora into a tissue paper-lined plate.
- Lastly, garnish with dried mango powder.
The Punjabi-style paneer pakora is ready to serve. Pair it with coriander mint chutney or tomato ketchup.