Starting your day with healthy food provides enough energy for the whole day. There are many healthy breakfast dishes, you can prepare for your breakfast. Dishes prepared from semolina, cracked wheat, oats, ragi, corns and pulses are very healthy and tasty. Eating simple oats and cornflakes daily will bore you soon. So, better try a new dish every day. Here is the fusion dish prepared from oats, that is tasty and healthy. Its name is oats upma.
Usually, upma is prepared with semolina but here with a little experiment, it is prepared with oats, urad dal, vegetables and spices. It is packed with fibre, vitamin, minerals and protein. Oats upma will make your petite full and will provide enough energy.
The quick oats upma recipe is here.
Per serving contains 207 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 122 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Fat: 58 g
Ingredients For Oats Upma
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard
- few curry leaves
- 10 cashew nuts
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 chillies, slit
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 5 beans, finely chopped
- 1/4 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peas
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a wok, add oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves and cashew nuts. Saute until cashew turns golden brown.
- Now, add ginger, chillies, and onion. Saute well.
- After that, add chopped carrot, beans, capsicum, peas, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well
- Then, add 2 tbsp of water, cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now, add 1 cup of water and give it a boil.
- Once it is boiled, add roasted oats and mix well until it absorbs all the water.
- After that, cover and simmer for 5 minutes until oats are cooked properly.
- After 5 minutes, add salt, coriander leaves, coconut and lemon juice.
- Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Finally, transfer it into a serving bowl.
The healthy and tasty oats upma is ready to serve. Enjoy your breakfast and have a happy day.