Potatoes are the soul of the food, and there are numbers of dishes that can be made with potatoes. Potato makes a good combination when added with any ingredients. From breakfast to dessert can be made with a single ingredient, potato. Some of the famous dishes are honey chilli potato, dum aloo, French fries, aloo chaat, and aloo paratha and so on. One more dish is very popular and is made with potato, known as potato wedges.
Potato wedges are deep-fried potatoes that are sliced, unpeeled, and either baked or fried, it is seasoned with spices such as pepper, salt and paprika. It is a typical Bar Food in Australia and is served with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
Here potato wedges are made in Mexican style and include Mexican spices, herbs, cheese and flavours. Make potato wedges at home by following this potato wedges recipe.
The potato wedges contain 118 kcal
- Carbohydrates 11.7g
- Protein 0.8g
- Fat 7.6g
• 2-3 medium potatoes, cut it wedges
• 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
• Salted water
• Oil for frying
• 2 tbsp refined flour
• 1/2 tsp degi red chilli powder
• 4 tbsp corn-starch
• 1tbsp dry oregano
• 2 tbsp rice flour
• ¼ tsp asafoetida
For Mexican cheesy potato wedges
• 1 medium tomato, chopped
• 3 fresh green chillies, chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 tbsp coriander leaves
• ¼ tsp chaat masala
• Salt to taste
• ½ medium lemon juice
• Fresh coriander leaves
• Degi red chilli powder
• Tomato ketchup
• Grated cheese
• Chilli mayonnaise
1. In a mixing bowl, and add all ingredients one by one.
2. Mix everything properly and keep it aside for further use.
1. In a saucepan, heat salted water and boil it.
2. Then add the potato wedges and cook it until it’s 30% cooked.
3. Transfer them to a bowl, then add the prepared seasoning and mix until adequately coated.
4. Remove them on a tray and let them cool down.
5. When it is entirely cool, heat oil in a Kadai until medium hot and add cooled potato wedges.
6. After that, deep fry on medium heat oil until appropriately cooked, remove it, and transfer it on an absorbent paper.
7. Then heat oil on high flame and deep fry it for the second time until golden brown and crispy.
8. Remove it on absorbent paper, and then sprinkle some salt and degi red chilli powder.
For Mexican Cheesy Potato Wedges
1. Firstly, take a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix everything properly.
2. Secondly, place the fried wedges and then some salsa mixture on a serving plate.
3. After that, sprinkle some grated cheese, and drizzle tomato ketchup, chilli mayonnaise, and then again place some wedges.
4. Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
Devour the delicious Mexican potato wedges while watching your favourite movie or reading books.