A meal without a dessert is incomplete; dessert is a final and part of a meal course. As it is a final part, so it should be more delicious and relishing. It adds a star to a dessert if it is cool and full of long-lasting flavours.
So, if you also want to make such dessert for your party or gathering, then mango phirni perfectly fits in this category because it contains the seasonal fruit mango and cardamom which makes it flavorful. On the other side, the rice and milk give it a rich and creamy texture.
Before jumping to the recipe let’s grab some knowledge about phirni. Phirni was invented by the Mughals and later they acquainted this to India. From then it gained popularity and was relished by everyone. It is made with milk, rice and nuts and served in earthen pots.
In this recipe, it is made with mango which adds a different flavour to it and also makes it even more relishing. So, here is your mango phirni recipe.
Per serving of mango phirni consists of 150 kcal
- Carbohydrates 31g
- Protein 3g
- Fat 25g
Ingredients For Mango Phirni
- 50 gm basmati rice, washed and soaked
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 ltr milk
- 2 full ripe mangoes, peeled & sliced
- 1 tbsp cashew paste
- 2-3 green cardamom, roughly crushed
- ¼ cup/ 100 gm Sugar
- Mango, sliced
- Few mint leaves
1. Firstly, add soaked basmati rice and a little water into a mixer grinder jar and grind it into a coarse paste. Keep aside for further use.
2. Secondly, take a large Kadai, add milk and boil it. Stir occasionally and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Now add prepared coarse rice paste and occasionally stir for 5 minutes.
4. Then, in a grinder jar, add sliced mango and grind it into a paste.
5. Meanwhile, boil the milk till the rice gets cooked completely and slightly warm.
6. Then add the mango pulp into the milk, mix it well.
7. After that, add crushed green cardamom and give it a boil.
8. Now add sugar and mix well until it thickens and turns creamy.
9. Then turn off the flame and let it cool a bit.
10. Now transfer it into a bowl and refrigerate till it gets cool.
11. Once it gets completely cool, serve it in an earthen bowl.
12. Lastly, garnish it with few mango slices and mint leaves.
The delicious mango phirni is ready to serve. Your meal is now complete with this scrumptious sweet Mango Phirni.