Cakes are the best tea companions. While sipping the tea, a slice of cake calms the craving and satisfies the taste buds during the evening. So, why eat the same cake every day, when there are plenty of options available. Not every cake goes well with tea. So, while preparing a cake for tea time, always choose cinnamon cake, strawberry cake, orange cake, Irish tea cake, lemon yoghurt cake, and molten chocolate cake. All these flavours are tempting and enhance the taste of the tea. So, today let’s cook one of these cakes.
Let’s bake a lemon yoghurt cake today. Lemon cakes are very tasty and refreshing. Along with the sweet taste, it also contains a bit of tangy flavour, which makes it different from other cakes. This is a yoghurt lemon cake and it can be easily prepared at home. The main ingredients in this cake are yoghurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla essence. This recipe is inspired by the famous cookery show “Barefoot Contessa”. The French lemon yoghurt cake is her creation. So, let’s have a look at this recipe.
Scroll down for the lemon yoghurt cake recipe.
Per serving contains 223 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 9g
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Firstly, in a bowl add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Now, take another bowl and add yoghurt, 1 cup sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla essence. Whisk well.
- After that, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl and slowly whisk, make sure there are no lumps.
- Then, add vegetable oil and whisk. Keep aside.
- Now, grease the loaf pan with oil or butter and line the bottom with parchment paper. Then grease again and dust some flour.
- Then add the prepared batter into it and spread well. Tap to remove air bubbles.
- Keep the loaf pan inside the 350*F preheated oven. Let it bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar. Stir well and cook until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Keep aside till in use.
- After 50 minutes, take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, now carefully de-mould the cake and place it on a baking rack over a sheet.
- Now, pour the prepared lemon mixture over it and let it soak and cool.
The yoghurt lemon cake is ready to serve. For more dessert recipes follow the Karth food factory