Hey, guys, are you about to cook something? Wait a minute because Karth Food Factory is presenting a very authentic lemon rice recipe. It is Indian fried rice prepared with lemon, lentils, spices, and seasoning. Lemon rice a slightly tangy in taste, and you can consume it as breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is healthy and a complete meal in itself.
Lemon rice are widely prepared and consumed in South India. It is very popular in Karnataka and called Chitranna. Lemon rice was also mentioned in Medieval Indian cookbooks Manasollasa and Pakadarpana; in these books, it was said by the name Chitrapaka. This dish is prepared with Indian spices, herbs like curry leaves, mustard seeds, and turmeric to give it a yellow tinge. The exciting part is this you can also make this dish with leftover rice.
Know, how to make lemon rice? Follow this quick recipe.
Per serving contains 175 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 106g
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 58g
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup of water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 no. red chilli, whole
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp black split lentils (urad dal)
- 1/2 tbsp Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 12-15 peanuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Initially, rinse the rice well and soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add water and let it boil.
- Drain the entire water and transfer the soaked rice into the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure you don’t overcook them.
- When the rice is fully cooked, turn the flame off and keep it aside for further use.
- Take a non-stick pan, add some oil to it and heat it; once the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal, and chana dal.
- Roast until light brown in colour.
- After that, add peanuts, red chilli, curry leaves and ginger. Fry for 10 seconds.
- Then, add turmeric powder. Mix and toss it.
- Now, add the prepared rice, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish the lemon rice with coriander leaves and serve.
The tasty and tangy dish with leftover rice is ready to be served. Cook and enjoy this wholesome dish.