Mutton curry is the food that every non-vegetarian loves to eat. It is full of protein and provides enough nutrition. Not only this, but it also tastes heavenly. You know, in Rajasthan, a different kind of mutton curry is prepared. It is called Laal Maas; it is a royal dish and was prepared in the palace kitchen.
Laal maas is spicy, and it is prepared with mutton, local spices, curd, and a special red chili called mathania mirch. Mathania mirch is found in the lands of Rajasthan, and it adds color to the dish making it look red color. It is the key ingredient of this dish. Earlier, laal maas was only prepared with mathania mirch. Later the royal gourmet started adding curd to it. Laal maas is a part of Rajasthani cuisine, and it is famous all over India.
Do you also want to make this mouthwatering dish at home? Then, to make the tempting mutton curry at home, follow this laal maas recipe.
Per bowl of laal maas consists of 533 kcal
- Carbohydrates 16g
- Protein 34g
- Fat 37g
- 1 kg mutton, curry cuts
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 2-3 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 small cardamom
- 1.5 tbsp coriander powder
- 250 gms onion, sliced
- 1 big cardamom
- 20 mathania chilli paste
- Marinated mutton
- 200 gms curd, beaten
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Take a bowl to marinate the mutton. Take the mutton pieces to add ginger garlic paste, mix and marinate well. Keep it aside for an hour.
- Now, take a saucepan and add ghee, and heat it. Then add black peppercorns, clove, green cardamom, and black cardamom and let them splutter and saute well.
- After that, add sliced onion, cook until translucent, then add the marinated mutton and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add salt to taste, mathania chilli paste, mix and saute well for minutes. Cover and cook for 3minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl, add some red chilli powder, coriander powder, mustard oil, and curd. Mix well.
- After 30 minutes, add this mixture into the pan, mix everything well. Cook until the mutton tenders.
- Laal maas is ready to serve.
The delicious Rajasthani Laal maas is ready to serve. Pair it with roti and savor this spicy laal mass.