Kesar Pista kulfi is the most delicious kulfi in India. And it is really popular among aged people. The kulfi has a flavour of pistachio and saffron in it, making it more delicious.
Kulfis have a very similar texture and appearance to normal ice cream. But, they are more rich and creamy than an ice-cream.
There are several variants to kulfi like malai, rose, mango and strawberry and people love it. Let’s not wait anymore and prepare kulfi with this kesar pista kulfi recipe.
Each kulfi consists of 62 kcal :
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Potassium: 109 mg
- Sugar: 6 g
- Vitamin C: 3 mg
- Calcium: 9 mg
- Iron: 0.6 mg
Ingredients For Kesar Pista Kulfi
- 1.5-litre milk, full cream
- ¼ cup cream, optional
- ¼ cup sugar,
- 20 pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Take a thick bottomed pan and add full cream milk and let it boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add cream and give it a stir.
- Now, simmer for 30 minutes and keep stirring in between.
- Next, add sugar and mix it really well.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or till the milk thickens completely.
- Then, add chopped pistachios, saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- Mix it well and simmer furthermore for almost 5 minutes.
- Let the thickened milk cool down completely; that might take at least an hour.
- After the milk is cooled completely, pour them into kulfi moulds or into a plastic glass.
- Cover the glass with cling wrap, or you can use aluminium foil.
- Then, freeze the cup for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- After 5 hours or more, when the kufi is set completely, insert a stick in between the cup.
- Slowly, remove the kulfi from the glass/mould and garnish with few chopped pistachios.
Serve kulfi immediately.