Once you eat Indian food and you will never forget its taste. The aromatic, delicious, and flavourful Indian food is the pride of Indian cuisine. There are many varieties of veg and non-veg curries in Indian cuisine. So, today let’s make an authentic Indian curry, kaju curry.
Kaju masala is a heavenly dish prepared with cashews, Indian spices, herbs, vegetables, and cream. It is the main course dish served for lunch and dinner. It is a little bit spicy and creamy in taste. The cashew paste and cream gives it a rich texture. Whole spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and cumin make it aromatic. On the other hand, spices and vegetables enhance the taste of curry. Therefore, it is a perfect dish for feast and dinner.
Scroll down for the kaju masala curry recipe.
Per serving contains 297 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 26g
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 3-4 nos dry red chillies
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4-5 nos. garlic cloves
- 1-inch ginger
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3nos. cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2nos. cardamom
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- prepared paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 200 ml hot water
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp garam masala
- In a wok, add ghee and cashew nuts. Fry until golden brown on medium flame.
- After that, add sliced onion, dry red chillies, diced tomatoes, garlic cloves, and ginger. Cook until mushy.
- Once all the items are roasted, let it cool down and transfer it into a grinder jar.
- Grind it into a fine paste.
- Add water and grind again.
- Now, remove and keep aside for further use.
- Firstly, in a wok add ghee, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, and cumin seeds. Saute for few seconds on medium flame.
- Then, add cashew nuts and saute until golden brown.
- Now, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, and fennel powder. Mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- After that, add the prepared paste and salt. Cook for 7-8 minutes until it starts releasing ghee.
- After 7-8 minutes, add hot water and bring it to a boil.
- After one boil, add Kasuri methi garam masala, fresh cream, and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Transfer the Kaju curry to a serving bowl and pour some fresh cream.
- Lastly, garnish it with cashew nuts and coriander leaves.
The rich and creamy restaurant style kaju curry is ready to serve. Serve it along with paratha or naan.