Searching for breakfast recipes that are healthy and tasty? Wait a minute, here is your search result, “Rawa Uttapam”. Uttapam is a famous South Indian breakfast. It is a kind of dosa but it is thick and topped with vegetables. So, let’s make rawa uttapam today.
The word uttapam is derived from the Tamil word Appam, and Utthia means poured-appam. It is prepared with urad dal and rice batter, but in this recipe, rawa is used to make uttapam. The batter is poured on the flap pan and then topped with chopped vegetables. It is very healthy and served with coconut chutney.
Follow this breakfast recipe step by step instant rawa uttapam recipe
Tips & Tricks
The batter of the uttapam should neither be too thick nor too thin. So make sure the consistency of the batter is balanced. First, let the batter rest for 10 minutes and right before making uttapam, add little water and adjust its consistency.
- You can store the uttapam batter for 2 days in the refrigerator.
- The pan should be hot while pouring the batter.
- Curd keeps the uttapam moist.
- You can add topping according to your preference and taste.
Per serving contains 120 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 78g
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 31g
How to make instant uttapam?
- 1 cup rawa
- 1/2 cup curd
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp curry leaves, chopped
- oil as required
- 2 tsp green chilli, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato, chopped
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp capsicum, chopped
- oil as required
- In a large mixing bowl, add raw, curd, salt, chopped ginger, curry leaves, green chillies, and water.
- Mix everything well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check the batter; if it is too thick, pour little water to adjust its consistency.
For Rawa Uttapam
- Firstly, heat a flat pan and add oil.
- Now pour the batter with a ladle and spread it evenly.
- Let it cook for 1 minute and sprinkle chopped onion, tomato, coriander, and capsicum.
- Then, add salt and drizzle some oil over it and flip it.
- Cook both sides until brown.
- Once cooked, remove and serve.
The raw uttapam is ready to serve. Serve it with coconut and mint chutney.