Rushing late for work and want to cook something quick dish for breakfast? Then make appam, it is a famous south Indian breakfast dish. It is tasty as well as healthy. Appam is a good option for a quick and tasty breakfast dish.
Appam is a breakfast dish prepared with a batter. It is made with Rava or rice flour and lentil batter. To make it tasty and spicy vegetables and spices are added to this batter and later roasted on an appam pan. It was originated in South India and very popular in the south Indian region.
To make this dish, follow this rava appam recipe
Per serving contains 99 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 77 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fat: 16 g
Ingredients For Appe
- 1 cup semolina/ rava
- 3/4 cup curd
- 1/2 cup of water
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 5 curry leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A pinch of baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, add semolina, curd, and salt. Mix well to form a batter make sure there are no lumps.
- Now, add water as required. Mix well to form a thick batter. Keep it aside for further use.
- After that, in a pan, add oil, ginger, green chili, and onion. Saute for 1 minute.
- Remove and transfer it into the prepared semolina batter.
- Now, add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Combine well and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the appam pan and add few drops of oil inside the holes.
- Now add a pinch of baking soda before preparing appe and combine well.
- Then fill the holes with appam batter. Cover and simmer for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- After 1 minute, flip all appe and let the other side cook.
- Again simmer for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Turn off the flame and serve.
The delicious appe is ready to serve. Pair them with tomato or coconut chutney.