Do you often crave brownies? Ignoring your craving because of high calories? Don’t worry; now you don’t need to count your calorie to eat a brownie because you can prepare it with different ingredients to make it healthy. You can make brownies with sweet potatoes. Yes, it is true, and you know what? It is also gluten-free because it does not contain flour. It is diet-friendly and tastes yum. So, let’s cook healthy sweet potato brownies.
Brownie is a square shape baked dessert prepared with chocolate, vanilla essence, flour, and sugar. It was developed in the United States in the 19th century and later became popular in the U.S and Canada. The first brownie recipe was featured in the Boston Cooking-School Cook Book by Fannie Farmer in the year 1896. In this recipe, the brownie is prepared with sweet potato, almond butter and maple syrup. It contains no sugar and is perfectly diet-friendly.
So, have a look at this easy recipe to make the sweet potato brownies.
Per serving contains 244 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 14g
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Firstly, in a food processor add sweet potatoes, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, salt, coconut oil, vanilla essence, egg, baking soda and gelatin. Blend it until smooth.
- After that, take a baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- Now, pour the prepared batter into the baking dish and tap to remove air bubbles.
- Then, sprinkle the chocolate chips over it.
- Place it inside the preheated oven at 325*F. Bake it for 25 minutes at 325*F.
- After 25 minutes, remove the dish and let it cool.
Once cooled, cut it into square pieces and serve.
The sweet potato brownie is ready to serve. Serve it hot with vanilla ice cream and enjoy the dessert.