Craving for the methi matar malai, you once tasted at the restaurant? Do you want to make this dish at home? If yes, then here is its recipe. You can make the restaurant-style methi matar malai at home, in just 30 minutes. It tastes heavenly and is suits best for lunch and dinner.
Methi matar malai is one of the finest dishes of Indian cuisine. It is prepared with cream, fenugreek leaves, peas, cashew nuts, vegetables, and spices. It is creamy in texture and the combination of fenugreek and cream tastes delicious together. So, make this dish and surprise your family.
Scroll down for the methi matar malai recipe.
Per serving contains 258 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 125g
- Fat: 169g
- 1 cup methi/fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp ginger, garlic, and green chilli, crushed
- 1 cup boiled onion paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp roasted gram flour
- 1 cup boiled cashew nuts paste
- Firstly, in a pan, add water and boil. Then add fenugreek leaves.
- Cook for 2 minutes on high flame. Drain and transfer it into a bowl.
- Now, add cool water to it and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, chop them and keep them aside till in use.
- After that, add ghee cumin seeds, bay leaves, crushed ginger, garlic, and chilli in a wok. Mix well and saute for 30-40 seconds.
- Then, add boiled onion paste and mix well.
- Now, add roasted gram flour and cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Furthermore, add boiled cashew nuts paste, mix and cook for 1 minute on medium flame.
- After that, add water and mix well. Whisk it properly until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed with water.
- Then, add garam masala, sugar, and boiled green peas. Simmer for 30-40 seconds on low flame.
- Now, add fenugreek leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Lastly, add fresh cream and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve.
The matar methi malai is ready to serve. It tastes delicious with naan and roti.