In India chapati, roti, paratha, kulcha, and naan are some kinds of bread, which are served with different sabzi. There are around 29 varieties of bread in the world. Likewise in Middle East countries pita bread is very famous. It is fluffy and round flatbread. It is stuffed with falafel. So, let’s cook pita bread today.
Pita bread is prepared with wheat flour, yeast, oil, salt, and sugar. It is widely consumed in Middle Eastern countries and it is also called Arabic bread.
So, scroll down for the pita bread recipe.
Per serving contains 120 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 4g
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Firstly, in a bowl, add water, sugar, and yeast. Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, olive oil, and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Knead the dough for about 6-8 mins until smooth and elastic.
- Now, grease the dough with olive oil and place it into a bowl.
- Cover it with a wrap and let the dough rise for 1-2 hours.
For Pita Bread
- Now on a flat surface, sprinkle flour and place the dough.
- Roll the dough smooth and divide it into equal pieces.
- Take a piece of dough and cover the rest of the pieces with a wet cloth.
- Dust some flour on the dough piece and roll it into a circular shape with a rolling pin.
- Place it into a parchment paper-lined baking tray and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Roll all the dough pieces with the same process and place them on a baking tray.
- Once all the dough discs are prepared, let them rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Now, in a flat pan, place one disc and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Flip and cook another side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook the remaining dough disc in the same way.
The pita bread is ready to serve.