Eating healthy food is essential as it energizes the body, maintains weight, provides enough nutrition and boosts the immune system. By making small changes in the food, you can make a healthy living. So, today it’s time to learn a new healthy food recipe. It is pepper tofu.
Tofu is a bean curd prepared by cruddling soy milk and pressing the soy curd into solid blocks. It is a kind of cheese. Eating tofu is beneficial for health as it is rich in protein, iron, calcium, minerals, phosphorus, and manganese. It also contains magnesium, vitamin B1, copper and zinc. Plus, it contains all nine amino acids. The pepper tofu is prepared by sauteeing tofu along with vegetables, sauces, and spices. It is a healthy snack and can also be eaten as a main course meal.
So, have a look at the pepper tofu recipe.
Per serving contains 429 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 30g
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions bulbs, chopped
- 1/2 green and yellow zucchini, sliced
- 100 gm tofu, cubes
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped & steamed
- 1 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 red chilli deseeded & sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a pan heat oil and add garlic and onion bulbs. Saute well.
- Now, add chopped green and yellow zucchini. Stir fry and keep tossing.
- Then add tofu cubes and stir well.
- After that, add boiled broccoli and stir well.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add soya sauce, vinegar, honey, and red chillies. Mix well.
- Add this sauce mixture into the pan and mix well.
- Now, add salt, pepper, and chopped scallions. Mix and toss well.
- Turn off the flame and transfer it into a serving bowl.
- Garnish it with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.
The garlic pepper tofu is ready to serve. Serve it with rice and enjoy.