Do you know, how deeply Indian loves tea? You can take an Indian out of India but you cannot separate tea and Indians. It is not only tea but an energy drink, a feeling and a cup of tea is the reason for conversations and meeting between friends. No matter what, Indians are crazy for tea and tea is a national drink of India. There are varieties of India prepared in India like masala chai, black tea, noon tea, butter tea, white tea, herbal tea, green tea, lemon tea, Irani tea and tandoori tea.
The list is endless. In every region of India, a different variant of tea is prepared like noon tea is very popular in Kashmir. In Kolkata, lemon tea is very popular. So, today let’s make lemon tea.
Lemon tea is mostly consumed in Kolkata and it is prepared with salt, sugar, pepper, lemon and tea leaves. You can see it serving at street corners, tea stalls, and railway stations of Kolkata. The Bengali people love to have it during the morning and evening. It is very healthy as it helps in detoxifying the body, boosts the digestive system, enhances skin wellness, promotes heart health and cures inflamed gums.
So, who doesn’t want to drink this healthy tea? Make this tea with this step by step lemon tea recipe.
Per serving contains 19 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 0g
- Fat: 0g
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp tea leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, crushed
- 1/2 lime, lemon juice
- Firstly, in a pan, add water and let it heat.
- Then, add black salt, sugar, and salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Now, add tea leaves and crushed black pepper.
- Boil for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, remove it from the flame and strain it.
- Then, squeeze 1/2 lemon juice.
- Now, transfer it into a cup and sprinkle a pinch of crushed black pepper.
- Finally, serve it with a lemon wedge.
So, have a cup of lemon tea and refresh yourself.