Sweets are always available in sweet shops but making sweets at home during festivals is an old tradition in India. For ages, Indians are used to make sweets, snacks, and fryums at home during festivals like Holi and Diwali. Sweets like gulab jamun, ladoo, barfi, pedha, and cham cham are the common sweets prepared in festivals. So, let’s make one of these sweets today Kesar pedha!
Pedha is an Indian sweet that originated in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh. Mathura pedha is very famous in India. It is a sphere-shaped sweet prepared with khoya, sugar, milk, and nuts. It was invented by Thakur Ram Ratan Singh of Lucknow. There are many varieties of pedha like doodh pedha, malai pedha, chocolate pedha, and Kesar pedha. The kesar pedha is very popular in Bihar.
Make this instant kesar pedha with this quick kesar pedha recipe.
Per serving contains 98 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Fat: 42 g
- 1 cup mawa, crumbled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 20-25 saffron strands
- 1 tbsp milk
- 7-8 nos pistachios, sliced
- Firstly, in a small bowl, add hot milk and saffron strands. Mix well and keep it aside for further use.
- Then, in a microwave-safe bowl, add crumbled mawa and microwave for 1 minute. Take it out after a minute and stir well.
- Now, again microwave it for one more minute and check later. After 1 minute, take out and stir well.
- After that, add the prepared saffron milk mixture to the mawa and microwave for 1 minute at maximum temperature. Take out the bowl and stir well.
- Repeat this process for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, take it out and let the mawa cool a bit.
- Once the roasted mawa is slightly cool, add powdered sugar and mix everything properly. Knead a soft dough.
- Now, grease your palms with ghee and pinch a small amount of lump from the dough.
- Roll the mawa dough into a round shape and flatten it by pressing lightly to form the shape of pedha.
- Make the pedhas with the same process.
- Once all the pedhas are ready, transfer them to a plate.
- Lastly, garnish each pedha with 2-3 pistachios slices.
The homemade kesar peda is ready to serve. Make your festival delightful with this kesar pedha sweet.