Chaat is the staple food in India and is mostly consumed in every state of India. It is a savoury snack and Mumbai’s and Agra’s chaat are very popular in India. There are many variants of chaat pain puri, dahi puri, papdi chaat, bhelpuri, dahi puri, aloo tikki, and basket chaat. Do you know there is one more chaat, which is very tasty and healthy? It is peanut chaat.
Peanut chaat is prepared with roasted peanuts, vegetables, seasonings, and lemon juice. It can be eaten as a salad, chaat, and salsa or as a side dish. It is crunchy and tangy in taste. Peanut chaat is very healthy and nutritious. It has many health benefits such as:
- It provides protein because it contains peanuts. Eating a handful of peanuts every day increases good cholesterol and boosts heart health.
- It contains tomatoes, which are good in antioxidants, Vitamin C, and folic acid. It helps in producing red blood cells and new cells.
- Other ingredients like onion, coriander, and lemon juice help in maintaining white blood cells, and are rich in Vitamins.
To make quick peanut chaat. Follow this peanut chaat recipe.
Per serving contains 327 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 25g
- 150 gm peanuts
- 1/2 lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- In a pan, add peanuts and dry roast them on high flame. Keep stirring.
- Once slightly roasted, add oil and turn the flame medium. Mix well and roast until brown.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- After that, in a large mixing bowl add roasted peanuts, chopped tomatoes, onion, and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Now, add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala, and lemon juice. Mix and toss well.
- Transfer it into a nice platter and serve.
The tasty and healthy peanut chaat is ready to serve. Serve it as a side dish.