What do you prefer to eat at breakfast? Is it oatmeal, pudding, sandwich, poha, upma, porridge, paratha, and toast? These are some of the most consumed breakfast dishes. They all are tasty and healthy. Among all toast is the one, which can be easily cooked with few minutes. So, today let’s make toast but wait, not an ordinary toast, let’s make French toast.
French toast is a very popular breakfast dish in France. It is prepared by coating the bread with a mixture consists of milk, vanilla essence, cinnamon, sugar, and salt and then, it is pan-fried with butter and oil. French toast is served with maple syrup, honey, cream and berries. It is also served as a sweet dish. This delicious toast is also served with ketchup and mayonnaise. Do you know? French toast is a healthy recipe that you can eat in your breakfast. It is rich in protein and carbohydrates.
So, scroll down for the French toast recipe.
Per serving contains 229 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 11g
- 6 Bread slices
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- splash of vanilla essence
- butter and vegetable oil for cooking
- In a bowl, add milk, sugar, cinnamon powder, salt, and vanilla essence. Whisk well.
- Now heat a pan and add oil and butter. Spread well and let it melt.
- After that, take a bread slice and dip it into the prepared mixture and coat both sides.
- Place the bread in the pan and let it cook until lightly golden brown.
- Flip the slice and cook the other sides.
- Repeat this process to make toast with the remaining 5 bread slices.
Transfer all the toast to a serving plate and drizzle some maple syrup over it. The tasty and delicious French toast is ready to serve.