Are you missing the restaurant-style kebabs? Why not make it at home? You can make restaurant-style chicken kebabs at home also. It is very easy to make them at home without any hassle, all you need is some exotic spices and chicken, and then you are ready to prepare kebabs. So, let’s make reshmi kebab today.
Reshmi kebab is a part of Mughlai cuisine. It is called reshmi because of its silky texture. In India, Reshmi means silky. It is prepared with chicken, curd, spices and cheese. Reshmi kebabs are very famous in India but is also one of the most popular dish in Patna. It is also called Murg malai kebab.
Scroll down for the reshmi kebab recipe.
Per serving contains 30 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 1 g
- 500 gms boneless chicken (cut into tikka pieces)
- 4 tbsp Butter for basting
For 1st Marinade
- 3 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For 2nd Marinade
- 4 tbsp hung curd
- 4 tbsp processed cheese
- 5-6 tbsp fresh cream
- 3 green chillies, deseeded and crushed
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
For 1st Marinade
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, ginger garlic paste, salt, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
For 2nd marinade
- Firstly, in a bowl add hung curd, processed cheese, fresh cream, green chillies, white pepper powder, cardamom powder, garam masala powder, nutmeg, salt, and coriander leaves. Whisk properly.
- Now, add the marinated chicken into this mixture and mix well until the chicken pieces are properly coated.
- Then, refrigerate it for 3-4 hours.
For Reshmi Kebab
- After 4 hours, take out the marinated chicken and skewer four pieces of marinated chicken pieces on a metal skewer.
- Repeat this process until the marinated chicken pieces are finished.
- Then, place the skewers on a foil paper-lined baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 250*C.
- Place the baking tray inside the oven and roast the chicken for 10 minutes at 250*C.
- After 10 minutes, flip the chicken tikka skewers to roast another side.
- Now roast for 10 minutes more at 250*C.
- After that, remove the baking tray and baste the roasted chicken with melted butter.
- Then reduce the temperature to 200*C and roast it again for 6-7 minutes at 200*C.
- Now, flip the chicken skewers and baste them with melted butter.
- Roast it finally for five more minutes at 200*C.
- After 5 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and serve.
The reshmi kebabs are ready to serve. Relish the yummy reshmi kebab with coriander and mint chutney.