Are you addicted to coffee but also conscious about health and body weight? Don’t worry, if it not possible for you to replace your coffee with any other drink, then replace your regular coffee with bulletproof coffee. It is healthy and also a part of the keto diet. Many nutritionists and diet experts have suggested drinking this coffee and included it in the keto diet.
What Is Keto Diet?
Keto diet or ketogenic diet is a low carbohydrate, high fat and adequate protein diet. It is used to treat epilepsy in children. Nowadays, many people are following a ketogenic diet to lose weight and burn fat.
What is bulletproof coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is a brewed coffee consisting of grass fed-unsalted butter and coconut oil or any medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil. It was invented by Dave Asprey, an American entrepreneur and author. While travelling to Tibet, he tasted yak butter tea drink and later, when he returned to the US, he experimented with butter drink recipes. After that, in 2009, he published a butter coffee drink recipe on his blog. He claimed that the butter coffee has helped to boost his IQ level by 20 points. Isn’t it a healthy way of increasing your IQ level?
How it is different from regular coffee?
- Normal black coffee only increases calorie and caffeine, whereas butter drink coffee helps in weight loss.
- Bulletproof coffee helps in boosting IQ level, and on the other hand, regular coffee steals mental edge and weakens the brain.
- Black coffee is high in carbs, but butter drink coffee is low in carbs.
- Bulletproof coffee is energizing, and refreshing and black coffee is only refreshing.
So, scroll down for the bulletproof coffee recipe.
Per serving contains 440 kcal
- Carbohydrates: g
- Protein: 50g
- Fat: 80g
How to make bulletproof coffee?
- 1 1/2 tsp organic coffee
- 200 ml hot water
- 1 tbsp ghee or virgin coconut oil
- In a cup, add organic coffee and hot water. Stir well.
- Cover and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add this coffee mixture to a blender jar and add ghee.
- Blend it for 30-40 seconds and pour it into a serving cup.
Voila, the homemade bulletproof coffee is ready to serve. To enhance its taste you can sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder to it.