Did you say Gulab Jamun? Isn’t it a fascinating idea to make irresistible sweet gulab jamun at home? Gulab Jamun is the Indian sweet that none of us could resist.
The in-mouth melting sweet dipped in sugar syrup can make anybody hungry. Whether it is a festival or any function, we find this sweet everywhere. But do we need any reason to have it?
Traditionally, Gulab Jamuns or kala jamun are made up of Khoya, but people prepare them with milk powder these days.
Before preparing the Gulan Jamuns, keep these points in mind:
- Too much moisture in the dough can break the Jamun in the oil.
- If you increase the baking powder’s quantity, it can disintegrate the Jamun in oil and break them.
- The dough that is being prepared for the Jamun has to be mixed and not kneaded. If it is kneaded, it may result in the hardening of the gulab jamun.
- To make sure that the Gulab isn’t too soft, keep the sugar syrup’s consistency sticky. It shouldn’t have a watery consistency. If the sugar syrup’s consistency is watery, then the Jamun absorbs more sugar syrup, resulting in it being super soft and breaking in the sugar syrup.
One gulab jamun can consist of up to 125 calories.
- Energy 125 cal
- Protein 2.3g
- Carbohydrates 22.6g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 2.8g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- 125 g khoya
- 2 ½ tablespoons maida
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4 tablespoons milk or water
- Oil or Ghee
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- We will start by preparing the sugar syrup.
- Take a pot, add sugar and water.
- Heat it on medium flame until the sugar dissolves.
- Now, add cardamom powder and lemon juice to it.
- Mix it really well.
- Next, take a mixing bowl, add grated mawa, flour, cardamom powder, and baking powder, and stir them all together.
- Pour milk only as per the need to make a smooth dough.
- Gently knead it. But, remember not to over-knead it.
- Divide the dough into 14-16 parts.
- Take each part, and make a smooth ball.
- Now, take a pot and heat oil in it.
- Once the oil is hot, regulate the flame to medium.
- Start dropping the rolled balls slowly and fry them.
- Check whether they are evenly golden brown or not and if so, remove them in a bowl.
- Cool them for a bit, and then dip them in the syrup.
Serve your gulab jamun with dry fruits on the top. You may also combine it with vanilla ice cream, which is surely a great combination.