Are you counting your carbs and want to switch your regular food habits with healthy eating? If you are one among them, then you should also replace your regular white bread with this gluten-free bread.
White bread is high in calorie, carbohydrates, and fat. It also contains gluten, which causes bloating, abdominal pain, headache, diarrhoea, and skin problems. Thus, gluten-free bread is healthy and good for appetite. Gluten-free bread is prepared with ground flours like almond, sorghum, and corns. It also consists of yeast, so that it can ferment.
Know, how to make gluten-free bread? Follow this recipe.
Per serving contains 19 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 2g
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Bread
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Firstly, in a glass jar add dry yeast, sugar and water. Mix and let it activate for 5-10 minutes, until bubbly and frothy.
- Secondly, add psyllium husk and water in a bowl. Mix and keep it aside for further use.
- Now, in a mixing bowl add brown rice flour, buckwheat flour, potato starch, and salt. Mix well.
- Now make a well in the centre and pour the prepared yeast mixture, psyllium gel and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well and knead soft dough.
- After that, grease the dough with oil and knead it again with the folding method.
- Now grease the bowl with oil and place the kneaded dough to it. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, knead the dough again and transfer it into a flour-dusted bowl.
- Now, cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest again for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 250*C for 30-45 minutes.
- After 1 hour, line the baking tray with butter paper and transfer the prepared dough into it.
- Then, set the baking tray inside the oven and bake at 250*C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, reduce the temperature to 230*C and bake again for 40-50 minutes.
- After 40-50 minutes. Take out the bread and let it cool a bit.
Then, cut it into slices.The gluten-free bread is ready to serve. You can pair it with jam, peanut butter or nutella.