Bored with regular cakes and want to try a different variation? Try this eggless Lamington cake. It is delicious, and your kids will surely love this cake. Lamington is a vanilla cake coated with chocolate and coconut. It is the best sweet treat for people of all ages. This cake is spongy, and its flavours easily burst into the mouth.
Lamington is small cubes of vanilla cakes coated in chocolate sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut. It is an Australian cake and named after Lord Lamington, who was a Governor of Queensland, Australia. Lamington is a widely famous treat in Australia and New Zealand. This dessert is famous to the extent that 21 July is declared as National Lamington Day in Australia. In the New Zealand variation of Lamington, the cream is filled between lamington cubes.
Make this easy to make the cake at home with this lamington cake recipe.
Per piece of lamington consists of 185.7 kcal
- Carbohydrates 21g
- Protein 2.2g
- Fat 10g
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup desiccated coconut for coating
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 6-inch cake mould
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp butter
For Chocolate Frosting
1. After that, take a bowl and add powder sugar, cocoa powder, butter and whisk it gradually add water and keep mixing until you get a semi-thick mixture. If the mixture gets very thick then add a little bit of hot water.
2. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
For Lamington Cake
- Firstly, take a bowl and add milk and vinegar. Now mix well.
- Secondly, take another bowl place strainer on it. Now add flour, baking powder, baking soda. Sieve and then mix well.
- Take another bowl and add butter, oil, powdered sugar and mix properly with a whisker. Then add vanilla essence, condensed milk and whisk properly.
- After that, add a prepared flour mixture and milk mixture into it and whisk properly. Make sure the batter has no lumps.
- Now take cake mould and grease it with butter or oil. Then pour the prepared batter and spread well.
- Tap the mould to remove air bubbles.
- Now for baking, place the pan on flame and then place a wire stand inside the pan.
- Cover it and preheat the pan on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, place the cake mould inside the preheated oven.
- Cover and cook it for 40-45 minutes on medium flame.
Note: If you are using the oven then, bake it in 10 minutes preheated oven for 40-45 minutes at 180*C.
11. After 45 minutes, open the lid and insert a toothpick; if it comes out clean, then it is ready and if not, then bake for few more minutes.
12. Take out the cake mould and let it cool a bit.
13. Now, de-mould the cake and place it on a plate.
16. After that, cut the cake into cube pieces. Now take a cake cube and dip it with a fork into chocolate frosting.
17. Then, hold it for 2 sec to remove excess frosting and then toss in desiccated coconut.
18. Now, repeat this process with the remaining cake cubes.
19. When it is done, place these cake cubes on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
20. Lastly, remove it from the refrigerator and serve.
The Australian Lamington cake is ready. Serve it as a party dessert, and you can also pair it with evening tea.