In this busy lifestyle, everyone is underestimating their health but one needs to understand that, to cope with this busy lifestyle it is very important to remain fit and healthy. Regular workout and healthy eating are two main components to live a healthy life. To energize the mind and body, eating a healthy breakfast is very important but because of the busy schedule, one always rush and eat packaged food, which is not good for health. Instead of eating packaged food, you should find a healthy alternative like making a quick and healthy breakfast. Including egg in breakfast is a wise choice. Let’s learn a new egg dish akuri today.
Akuri is a Parisian dish prepared with eggs, onion, garlic, spices and herbs. It is a spicy Parsi scrambled egg served with pav. Akuri is a famous breakfast dish in Mumbai. It was introduced to Mumbai by Persians. There are lots of Parisian restaurants where akuri is served. Mumbai’s street food is highly influenced by Parsi cuisine and akuri is one among them. Akuri is a famous food dish in Mumbai. If you want to know about the famous street food of Mumbai, then click here.
So, scroll down for the akuri recipe.
Per serving contains 190 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 14g
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Ready In: 30 min
- 8 eggs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 small green chillies, finely chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp sambhar masala powder
- salt to taste
- Firstly, in a bowl, break all eggs and keep them aside for further use.
- Now, in a wok add oil and let it heat.
- Then, add chopped onions and saute well until translucent.
- Now, add green chillies, garlic, and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a minute until perfectly cooked.
- After that, add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Then, add turmeric powder: red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, sambhar masala powder, and salt. Cook and stir well.
- While cooking, sprinkles some water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring and mash the mixture with the spoon.
- Furthermore, add coriander and cook for one more minute.
- After that, turn the flame low and start pouring the eggs. Stir continuously while pouring eggs, and the eggs tend to cook fast. So, make sure you stir it continuously to get the perfect runny akuri.
- Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and serve hot.
The Parsi style runny egg akuri is ready to serve. Serve it with pav or toast and enjoy your Parsi breakfast.