Do you love seafood and enjoy cooking and eating them with your loved ones? Then make the delicious seafood, i.e. crispy salt pepper prawns, at home. It is so crunchy and crispy that, if you bite it, its sound will be audible to the person sitting next to you. Now, you can imagine how crispy and tasty it would be. So, let’s make it.
Prawns are consumed worldwide, and it is the most famous seafood. The crispy pepper prawns are prepared with soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, black peppers, egg white, chilli flakes, spring onions, and ginger garlic paste. It is coated with flour, deep-fried and then tossed with spices and sauce. It is the perfect seafood dish for everyone.
So, follow this crispy pepper prawns recipe to make homemade crispy prawns.
Per serving contains 205 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 5g
- 500gm prawns, deshelled
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp vinegar/ 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- egg white of one egg
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup refined flour
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter+1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 2-3 nos green chillies, broken
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp grounded black pepper
- 1/3 cup spring onions greens & bulbs
- 2 tbsp almond slivers
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine or 1/2 tsp vinegar
- spring onions greens for garnish
- Take a bowl add cornstarch, refined flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and keep aside for further use.
For Deep-fried prawns
- Firstly, cut prawns 90% from the back with a sharp knife by keeping them intact.
- After that, remove the black vein and wash them nicely in water.
- Once all prawns are cut and deveined, transfer them to a mixing bowl and add salt, black pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, egg white and cornflour. Mix and coat well.
- Once marinated, coat them with the prepared coating mixture.
- Coat them well with the flour and flatten the prawns with the help of your palm heel. Dust off the excess flour.
- Once all prawns are coated, deep fry them in hot oil until crisp and light golden brown.
- After that, remove them on a tissue paper-lined plate and keep them aside for further use.
- In a wok add butter and oil, garlic, and green chillies. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, add dry red chillies, red chilli flakes, grounded black pepper, spring onions along with the bulbs, almond sliver, light soy sauce, sugar, and Chinese cooking wine. Stir well and cook for 30 seconds.
- After that, add the fried prawns and spring onions greens. Turn off the flame and quickly toss well; serve immediately.
The crunchy salt and pepper shrimp are ready to serve. Enjoy this lip-smacking appetizer and enjoy your food.