There are so many snacks in the world but the snack which everyone is craving for when they are hungry is crispy french fries. It is a go-to snack and is very tasty and salty in taste.
French fries are deep-fried finger potato fries, salty in taste and can be eaten as a snack or as a part of lunch and dinner. It was named “French Fries” by American soldiers; when they went to Belgium for war, they ate crispy fries and named it french fries because Belgian people used to speak French.
Do you know French fries has different names in different countries, like they are called truffles in Spain, chips in Britain and fritters in Belgium? Some of its variants are tornado fries, curly fries, sweet potato fries, and chilli cheese fries.
Fries is consists of 267 kcal
- Carbohydrates 32.7g
- Sodium 247mg
- Dietary fibre 3g
- 5-6 peeled milly potatoes
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes in 1/2 cm thickness, fries shape and put them in water for 15 minutes to release the starch content.
- Take a pot, add water and keep it at 80-85*C simmering temperature, and par-boil the potatoes to evenly cook.
- After boiling drain them in a tray and spread evenly.
- Now deep freeze them for 1-1 ½ hour. Deep freezing makes potatoes crispy and improves texture.
- Remove potatoes from the freezer and in a frying pan heat oil, and then fry potatoes for about 80% at low temperature.
- Transfer them on absorbent paper.
- For second frying, heat oil in the pan and fry them completely, remove them on absorbent paper.
- Transfer the fries to a bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Serve it on a plate, sprinkle paprika powder, and garnish it with parmesan cheese.
Munch these homemade french fries with tomato ketchup, mustard sauce, and mayonnaise. Bon appétit