Most people prefer to eat light food or less food during summers, but the human body needs full nutrients, whether it’s summer or winter. So, always make sure to have food full of nutrients and minerals. If you don’t want to eat something heavy but also want to eat healthy food, then make soup. Soups are very healthy and light. One should daily sip a cup of soup. It will also provide enough fluids to the body. So, let’s make a healthy soup like the New England creamy clam chowder soup.
Do you know? The first recipe for Manhattan clam powder was published before 1919. The New England clam chowder is the most popular, and it was influenced by French and Nova Scotian cuisine. The first recipe for Manhattan clam powder was published before 1919. Clam powder soup is very popular in the US, and it is prepared with clam powder, potatoes, salt pork, cream, and onions.
Cream clam chowder soup was originated in the Eastern United States, and the New England clam chowder is the most famous variant of clam chowder soup. The creamy clam chowder soup is served in restaurants in the US.
To make this super delicious soup follow this step-by-step New England creamy clam chowder recipe.
Per serving contains 170 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 7g
Ingredients For Clam Chouder
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 strips
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into thin rings
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup chopped clams and their juices
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 lbs salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs or 6 potatoes (Yukon gold or Russet), chopped into bite-sized
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large pan, add chopped bacon and saute until crisp and golden brown.
- Now transfer it into an absorbent paper-lined plate. Remove excess oil from the pan and only keep 3 tbsp of bacon grease in the pan.
- Then add chopped onion, celery, and carrot and cook them on medium to high flame. Stir occasionally for 7-8 minutes until soft and golden.
- Now sprinkle flour and saute for 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- After that, 2 cups of chicken broth, chopped clams along with their juice, bay leaf, Worcestershire, tabasco sauce, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Bring it to a boil.
- Now, add chopped potatoes and stir, then add milk, whipping cream.
- Let the dish boil and then reduce the heat.
- After that, cover it and boil for 20 minutes until the potatoes turn tender.
- Open the lid and then add salt and pepper as per your taste. Stir well.
- Now transfer this soup into a bowl and garnish it with cooked bacon and fresh cilantro.
The homemade clam chowder soup is ready to serve. Devour this healthy soup.
Disclaimer: We respect all religions equally. Our motive is to explore the food of different cultures and provide valuable information and food recipes to you. We respect every culture and sentiments of the people.