Chilli paneer, as the name says, is an Indian Chinese Cuisine and is made from Paneer (cottage cheese), onion, capsicum, cornstarch and sauces. It is a combination of basic Indian dish ingredients and Chinese sauces.
Chilli paneer was invented by Nelson Wang, he described his invention process as starting from ingredients of an Indian dish, and instead of adding spices, he added soy sauce, cornstarch and chicken or Paneer.
It can be made in both ways, either dry or gravy. The dry version is served as an Appetizer, and the gravy version is eaten as a main course with rice or noodles.
It is a very popular dish and is everyone’s favourite. You can find this dish everywhere in India be it in the streets or restaurants, and you can also make it at home. If your kids don’t like eating vegetable, this dish will make your kid love vegetables. Paneer is one of the main ingredients of this dish, which is rich in calcium and it strengthens our teeth and bones. Make the delicious paneer chilli paneer at home with this chilli paneer recipe.
Per serving calories is 138.2kcal
- Carbohydrate 12.4g
- Sodium 317.1g
- Potassium 99.1g
- Protein 3.5g
- Cholesterol 7.0g
Ingredients For Making Chilli Paneer
- 250gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese), cut in cubes
- 2tbsp refined flour
- 2tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- A pinch of salt
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 1 medium capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 dry Kashmiri red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp celery chopped (optional)
- 2 red and green chillies, sliced
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp green chilli sauce
- 1tbsp sweet & sour sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tbsp cornflour slurry mixture (cornflour + water)
- A handful of sliced spring onion
For Garnishing: Chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds
Method For Making Yummy Chilli Paneer Like Restaurant
- In a bowl, add refined flour, 1tbsp corn starch, salt and water, mix it well and keep aside till in use. Be careful; the consistency of the batter should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Take another bowl and add paneer cubes, add remaining corn starch and coat well; it will make Paneer crispy when fried. Now pour the prepared batter and mix well so that all cubes are evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry cubes until it turns light golden, transfer the cubes on tissue paper and set aside.
- Take a pan, heat 1tbsp oil, add ginger, garlic, whole red chilli, onion, capsicum and celery, stir fry.
- Now add soy sauce and toss well to coat. Add red and green chillies and sauté.
- Add green chilli sauce, sweet & sour sauce, mix and toss well.
- Now add little water, sugar and cook.
- Add some more water and cornflour slurry, and cook, until it thickens.
- Add fried Paneer, spring onion and toss well.
Transfer the dish and garnish it with spring onion and roasted sesame seeds, serve immediately. Enjoy this heavenly Indian Chinese dish with tomato sauce and red chilli sauce.