Are you among the ones, who have heard of Thai curry but never tried? So, today your desire to eat Thai curry will be fulfilled because today’s recipe is chicken khao soi curry. Chicken khao soi is a Thai curry and khao soi means cut rice. In Thailand, a special noodle is prepared that is flat and long and it is called khao soi there. So, this dish prepared with chicken, khao soi, local spices of Thailand, and coconut milk.
Thai food is influenced by South Asian cuisine and thus, Thai food includes curry, soup, and salad.
The chicken khao soi curry is popular among Thai people and it tastes different from Indian curry. So, pamper yourself with this Thai food and make it with the Chicken khao soi curry recipe.
Per serving of chicken, khao soi recipe 436 contains
- Carbohydrates 43.6g
- Protein 12.1g
- Fat 24.6g
Ingredients For Khao Soi Recipe
For Curry Paste
- 10 large dried red chilies, cut into inch-long pieces, deseeded
- 1-inch ginger, sliced
- 2-3 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic head, broken and peeled
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Half a black cardamom pod smashed and deseeded
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 250 gm pickled mustard greens, sliced into small chunks
- 4 lemon, cut into wedges
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp dried chili flakes
- 250ml coconut milk, reduced by half in a pan
For Crispy Noodle Topping
- 50gm fresh egg noodles, cut into 10cm strands
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml of water
- 10 large dried red chilies
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 200 gm of fresh egg noodles
- 1 tsp black soy sauce
- 4-6 chicken drumsticks
Method For Khao Soi Recipe
For Curry Paste
- In a bowl, add red chilies and hot water. Let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Now, in a pan, add oil and chili flakes and fry on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Then, heat a pan and add black peppercorns, coriander seeds, and dry roast until fragrant.
- Transfer it into a mixer grinder jar and add cardamom and grind it into a powder. Remove it into a bowl and keep it aside for future use.
- In the same pan, add sliced ginger, shallots, and garlic. Cook the dish on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- After that, remove the soaked chilies from the bowl using a soup skimmer and discard the seeds.
- Now, in a blender, add coconut milk, soaked chilies, salt, turmeric powder, and cooked vegetables. Blend it into a fine paste. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside
- In a pan, add the prepared curry paste and cook it on medium to low heat until it starts releasing oil.
- Then add prepared masala, mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add chicken, mix and coat it well. Then add coconut milk, water, soy sauce, and sugar and let it simmer on medium to low flame for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it set.
For Crispy Noodles
- In a pan, add oil and noodles. Fry until crisp.
- Remove it on absorbent paper keep it aside.
- Blench the remaining noodles for 1 minute and keep them aside.
- In a saucepan, add coconut milk and boil it until it remains half. Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and add blanched noodles, chicken drumstick, and pour curry sauce over to cover chicken and noodles.
- Then drizzle some coconut milk and cover the top with crispy fried noodles.
- Garnish with spring onion and fresh coriander.
- Serve this with mustard green seeds, lemon wedges, roasted chilies, and fresh shallots.
The Thai Chicken Khao Soi curry is ready to serve. Make this authentic Thai dish and surprise your family.