With the rising winters, the body demands more warm food, and soup is the perfect starter to please the body. Hot soup in a warm sweater is what a perfect winter evening sounds like. The chicken and broccoli soup recipe will help you to fight winter.
A hot bowl of healthy soup during those cold winter nights is all the comfort we need, especially after a tiring Christmas celebration. This Chicken and broccoli soup recipe is so fun and easy to put together. Loaded with juicy shredded chicken and packed with veggies that are good for you! Make this chicken vegetable soup for the entire family to enjoy.
The thick and creamy soup is so mouthwatering as well as really healthy.
One bowl of broccoli chicken soup contains 197 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 174mg
- Potassium: 753mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 7g
- Vitamin C: 70.8mg
- Calcium: 164mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Dried mixed herbs- 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp chili flakes/red pepper flakes
- 5 cups broccoli stems removed and finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock/broth
- 2 cups milk 2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Take a pan and sauté the onion, celery, carrot, and broccoli stalks in a splash of oil until soft and fragrant and just starting to turn brown in colour.
- Next, add garlic, bay leaf, and the herbs and sauté for another minute.
- Now add the chicken stock, milk, and cornflour mixture.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Then add the broccoli and shredded chicken.
- Cook for almost 15 minutes, then season with salt, pepper, and lemon.
Serve hot with crusty bread and toast, or you may also add bread crumbs to the soup.