Do you often crave sweets and desserts? And enjoy eating a different kind of desserts. So, this time satisfy your sweet tooth with the caramel custard. It is popular among kids and youth. Also, it can be prepared with ease and without any hassle. It is eggless, so vegans can too enjoy this dish.
Custard is prepared with milk, cream, essence, and custard powder. Caramel pudding is popular since the middle ages, and during that time, it was baked in pastry, popularly known as a custard tart. Custard is an English word derived from the French word “Croustade”, which refers to “the crust of a tart”. Earlier, it was only prepared with vanilla flavour, but now it is available in many flavours like fruit custard, coconut custard, strawberry custard, caramel custard and so on.
So, follow this step by step caramel custard recipe.
Per serving contains 260 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 7g
Ingredients For Caramel Custard
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup curd, thick
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp custard powder, vanilla flavoured
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- In a pan, add sugar and spread it evenly and keep the flame on medium.
- Let it cook. Stir the sugar occasionally until it melts and turns golden brown.
- Once it is caramelized, transfer it into a bowl. Swirl and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- After that, in a mixing bowl, add milk, curd, cream, and condensed milk. Mix well.
- Now, add custard powder and vanilla essence. Mix and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Then, pour this mixture into the bowl of caramelized sugar and cover it with a lid.
- Place it inside a steamer and let it steam for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Once it is cool, refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hrs, take the dessert out of the refrigerator.
- Lastly, unmould it and serve it on a platter.
The eggless caramelised custard is ready to serve. Enjoy this cool custard and satiate your craving.