There is no doubt that Butter Chicken Curry is one of the most popular curries at any Indian restaurant. Aromatic golden chicken pieces in an incredible creamy curry sauce is all we want.
Butter chicken curry tastes terrific when paired with garlic butter rice and fresh Naan bread. The curry simmers in a buttery tomato sauce and is flavoured by several special spices and herbs. Try this butter chicken recipe at home to make the delicious chicken curry.
Per bowl of butter chicken contains 288.7 calories:
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Potassium 584.3 mg
- Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Fibre 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 31.0 g
For the Gravy
- 4 large Tomatoes, cut into half
- 2-3 large Onions, sliced
- 3-4 Garlic pods
- 1 inch-Ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp Chilli
- 5-6 Cloves
- 1 inch-Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 5-6 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
For Butter Chicken
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Prepared Gravy
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Honey Cooked
- Tandoori Chicken, shredded
- 1-2 drops Kewra Water
- 1 tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves, toasted & crushed
- Burnt Charcoal
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Fresh Cream
- Coriander Sprig
For the Base Gravy
- Take a heavy bottom pan, and add ½ cup of water.
- Now, add tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, mirch and all the spices.
- Mix them all really well.
- Next, add 1½ tsp butter, salt and mix properly.
- Cover it and then cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, blend the gravy, with a hand blender, till it becomes smooth.
- Strain the gravy through a strainer.
For Making Butter Chicken
- Take a pan and add butter. Allow it to melt properly.
- Now, add some red chilli powder and coriander powder and cook for a minute or two.
- Pour prepared gravy, mix well and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add fresh cream, honey, shredded tandoori chicken to it and mix well.
- Then cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add kewra water, dried fenugreek leaves and then cook for about 2 minutes.
- Take a small bowl, and add burnt charcoal, then place it in the middle of the gravy.
- Pour ghee over charcoal and immediately cover it with a lid; keep it for almost 2-3 minutes for the smoky flavour.
- Once done, remove the charcoal bowl.
- Put the butter chicken in a serving bowl.
Garnish it with fresh cream and coriander sprig, and Serve hot with roti or rice.