Festive season? Shadi season? Or you don’t need an excuse to have sweets? Besan laddu is always a good idea. The crisp laddus cooked in ghee are everybody’s craving. Who doesn’t like to have laddu? Whether it is your cheat day or you want to cheer yourself up, sweets remain the all-time comfort food.
Besan laddu is often served in Indian households, be it on any occasion, and if you are someone who loves to cook, this besan laddu recipe is for you.
This recipe has a calorific value of 172 per serving.
- Fat – 8 grams
- Cholesterol – 14 mg
- Sodium – 10mg
- Potassium – 152mg
- Carbohydrates – 22g
- Protein – 4g
- Vitamin C – 1mg
- Calcium – 10mg
- Iron – 1mg
- 1 cup besan
- ¼ cup ghee
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 green cardamoms
- Powder the sugar and cardamom pods finely using a grinder or blender.
- Now, heat a pan and add 1 ½ tablespoons ghee to it.
- Next, keep the flame low, and add besan to the pan, and roast it for 5-6 mins. Remember to keep stirring the besan to avoid burning.
- Keep the flame low, and keep roasting the besan until it turns deep golden in colour.
- Once it is deep golden in colour, remove the pan from the stove and let it cool for 3-4 mins.
- Now, add the powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Keep kneading the mixture with your hands until the mixture binds together.
- Next, take small portions of the bound mixture and roll them to make the balls.
Your Besan laddus are ready to be served and can be stored for up to 3 weeks. You may plate it with dry fruits like cashews and almonds. Try and share the sweet and tasty besan laddu with your friends and family.