Deciding what to cook on the main course is really hectic. So, are you also often get confused about the main course meal. Don’t worry here is a quick and easy recipe for you. That is baingan ka bharta. It is tasty as well as healthy. This is a Punjabi style baingan bharta. So, let’s not waste time and cook baingan bharta.
Baingan bharta is prepared by roasting brinjals on direct flame and then, it is peeled and cooked with vegetables, ghee, and spices. It is very light and one of the best main course recipes. Eating brinjal is very good for health because it is low in calorie, high in fibre, loaded with antioxidants, and low in sodium.
So, scroll down for the baingan bharta recipe.
Per serving contains 112 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 83g
- 2 large round brinjal
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup tomatoes. chopped
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- A handful of coriander leaves
Quick Tips & Tricks
- Before roasting brinjals, make sure there are no holes in them.
- For bharta always use large brinjals.
- Firstly, take brinjal and make 3 small cuts to each brinjal and insert peeled garlic clove in them.
- Grease the brinjals with oil and place them on the open fire to roast.
- Flip and turn, so that all sides are completely cooked and charred.
- Now, place the brinjals in a bowl and cover. Let them cool a bit.
- Wet your hands and peel the brinjals. Wet your hands several times while peeling brinjals.
- Once peeled, open the brinjals now mash and cut the brinjals with a knife.
- After that, in a pan add ghee, dry red chilli, and cumin seeds. Toss well.
- Now, add chopped garlic and ginger. Cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Then, add green chilli, chopped onion. Toss on high flame until onions tenders.
- After that, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and stir well.
- Now, add chopped tomato and salt. Cook on high flame for 3 minutes.
- After that, add mashed brinjal, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add chopped coriander leaves and toss well.
- Turn off the flame and transfer it into a serving bowl.
The baingan bharta is ready to serve. Serve it with roti, chapati or naan. Do you know? In some regions of India, people eat baingan bharta with baati.