Is it your cheat day and you want to eat a sandwich but don’t want to regret it later? You know what? you can eat a sandwich without any guilt and to do so, all you need to do is make a healthy sandwich. Yes, you can make it healthy by doing some small changes like replace white bread with brown or whole-grain bread and in place of potato stuffing use avocado stuffing. Therefore, make the avocado sandwich.
Avocado toast is prepared with an avocado mixture consists of lemon juice, mixed herbs, black pepper and chilli flakes. Avocado fruit is a native fruit of America and was originated in Mexico. The avocado sandwich was invented during the 19th century. It is widely consumed in the US and knows it is famous worldwide. In this recipe, the avocado sandwich is prepared with whole wheat bread, avocado mixture, herbs, and green chutney. It is a healthy breakfast option and a scrumptious dish. So, you can smack it without any guilt.
For the avocado sandwich recipe, scroll down.
Per serving contains 380 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 21g
- 1 avocado, pulp
- multi-grain bread slices
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp sandwich green chutney
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- chilli flakes
- mix herbs and oregano
- chaat masala
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomato, sliced
- Add avocado pulp, lemon juice, salt, black pepper powder, chopped green chilli, onion, coriander leaves, and garlic in a bowl. Mix well.
- Now take three bread slices and apply butter on each slice.
- Then, spread green sandwich chutney on all three slices.
- After that, spread the prepared avocado mixture on one slice of bread.
- Then arrange red and yellow bell pepper slices on the same slice.
- Now, sprinkle chilli flakes, mixed herbs, oregano, and chaat masala over it.
- Then, place another bread slice over it and arrange cucumber slice, tomato slice and sprinkle chilli flakes mixed herbs.
- After that, place the 3rd bread slice over it and apply butter.
- Now, take a grill pan, heat it and place the butter side sandwich down into it.
- Apply the butter on the upper side and press.
- Let it cook until golden brown, then flip and cook another side until golden brown or for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove it and transfer it to a plate.
Cut it into two triangles and serve.
The avocado breakfast sandwich is ready to serve. Relish it with tomato sauce and green chutney.