Why find reasons to make dessert? Make it to pamper yourself and your clan. Try this authentic dessert from Australia. It is called pavlova, it looks like a cake, but it is different from it. So, before bouncing to the recipe, let’s know more about pavlova.
Pavlova was originated in Australia and this dessert is named after the famous Russian Ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is said that pavlova is made in honour of the dancer during one of her tours to Australia and New Zealand in 1920. This dessert is part of the national cuisine of Australia and New Zealand.
It is prepared during celebrations and especially during summer and Christmas. However, it is consumed all year round in Australian and New Zealand households.
Pavlova is prepared with meringue, cream, and fruit (mostly strawberries). The meringue is prepared with egg whites, white wine vinegar, sugar and vanilla extract. It has a crisp crust and from inside it is soft and light. It is topped with cream and strawberries.
Now, it’s time to make this delicious dessert at home with the strawberry Pavlova recipe.
Per piece of pavlova contains 99 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 44g
Ingredients For Pavlova
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 160*C.
- Secondly, take a baking tray and place a sheet of parchment paper on it and mark, a 20cm circle. Now, turn the tray upside down and keep it aside till in use.
- In a large bowl, add egg whites and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Then add sugar, and continue whisking until stiff peaks form and the meringue looks glossy.
- Now, add white wine vinegar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- After that, spread the meringue inside the circle and create a crater by making the sides higher than the middle.
- Place the pavlova in the oven, and reduce the heat to 120*C. Bake it for 75 minutes.
- After 75 mins, turn off the heat and let the pavlova cool inside the oven for 4 hours.
- To make cream: In a large bowl, add heavy cream, vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks.
- Now, take out the pavlova from the oven and spread the prepared whipped cream on top of the pavlova.
- After that, decorate it with fresh strawberries.
- The yummy and classic pavlova is ready to serve. Make this Australian dessert at home and surprise your kids.