Chicken is very common in non-vegetarian food but most people eat it often. They eat different chicken dishes like chicken biryani, chicken curry, chicken nuggets, chicken burger, chicken fry, and so on. So, if the chicken is your go-to food, then you should definitely try this chicken parm recipe from the Kangaroo country Australia. The dish is chicken parmigiana.
Parmigiana chicken is a staple pub food in Australia and it was introduced to Australia in 1950. In Australia, chicken parmigiana is served with chips and salad. Chicken parmigiana was started serving in Adelaide restaurants in 1953. This dish was originated in Italy but it is widely famous in Australia. Apart from Australia, it is also popular in America, Italy, the UK, and Argentina.
Chicken parmigiana is a baked marinated chicken breast. The main ingredient in this dish is a special cheese named “Cheese Parmigiano”. It is prepared with breaded chicken breast coated with tomato sauce, garlic, and cheese like mozzarella and Parmigiano. Baked chicken parmigiana is very palatable and once you taste it, you will always want to taste this dish.
You can easily prepare this dish at home without any hassle. So, make this Australian dish at home with this quick chicken parmigiana recipe.
Per serving of chicken, parmigiana consists of 361 kcal
- Carbohydrates 26g
- Protein 32g
- Fat 10g
- 4 chicken breast, seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs with salt and pepper to taste, scrambled
- 8 mozzarella cheese, sliced
- A bowl of bread crumbs mixed with a pinch of salt and black pepper for coating chicken.
- olive oil
- A bowl of all-purpose flour mixed with a pinch of salt and black pepper for coating chicken.
- parsley or basil, chopped for topping.
Method For Chicken Parmigiana
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it, and add whole garlic. Cook on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, coat each side of the seasoned chicken breast with flour and then dip into the scrambled egg mixture. After that, coat both sides with breadcrumbs.
- Now, add these chicken breasts into the pan and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking in a pan, add oil, garlic, and tomato sauce and cook it until thick.
- Now, flip the chicken onto the other side and cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the flame and take a baking dish and pour tomato sauce.
- Then place the fried chicken breast over it and again pour tomato sauce over each chicken breast and spread evenly.
- Place it inside the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove it and sprinkle some Parmigiano cheese on top of the chicken, and place two slices of mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
- Place it back into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once it is completely baked, remove it and garnish it with fresh parsley or basil leaves.
The delicious chicken parmigiana is ready to serve. Pair it with pasta and tomato sauce. So, make this dish and devour it.