Deciding everyday meal is a bit hectic in this busy life, and while deciding it, one has to keep in mind that it should be liked by everyone and it should be healthy enough. The meal should include veggies and ingredients which is full of nutrients. So, here is a recipe for you that is not only tasty but also healthy.
The aloo baingan sabzi recipe is made with spices and veggies like onion, tomato, green chilli, the main ingredients of this recipe is potato and eggplants, which makes this dish healthy.
Potatoes are rich in vitamin and have necessary minerals and antioxidants, which controls blood sugar, improves digestion and are naturally gluten-free. On the other hand, eggplants are full of vitamin and minerals and are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, thiamine, niacin, magnesium, manganese, and many more.
It improves heart health and bone health, prevents cancer and anaemia, and increases brain function.
Per serving of Aloo baingan ki sabji contains 163.10 kcal
- Protein 4.67g
- Carbohydrates 31.23g
- Fat 2.48g
- 500 gm eggplants, sliced
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3-inch ginger, crushed
- 15-18 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Method For Making Aloo Baingan Ki Sabji
- In a pan add sliced potato and fry half until golden brown in colour. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside for future use.
- Now add sliced eggplants to the same pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
- Then add 3 tbsp oil to a pan. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, black cardamom and bay leaves, roast it.
- Now add crushed ginger and garlic and mix well.
- Add chopped green chilli, onion to it and sauté it.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame until onions soften.
- After that add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt, mix it well.
- Cover it and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the lid and cook it for 1 more minute. Keep stirring.
- Now add fried potato and eggplants and mix it well.
- Cover it and cook for 15 minutes on a low flame. Keep stirring in between.
- Remove the lid and mix it well.
- Add ¼ cup water for gravy, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the flame and transfer this dish to a serving bowl.
Serve the wholesome aloo baingan sabzi with Chapati or poori and raita.